So, after more than a week of on and off reading, I was finally able to finish the Hunger Games trilogy on my Kindle. After seeing the movie, I got curious of some of the details of that world and I know the movie can only show as much.
Here are some of my thoughts:
1) I liked Jennifer Lawrence. But when reading the books, I keep on imagining a younger, shorter or even frailer built girl. Maybe that is the reason some fans were raving lunatic over her choice in the title role.
2) I was sort of rolling my eyes with every love confusion/tension scene Katniss had with the two boys. Then I kept on reminding myself that this is Young Adult. Well at least the heroine was not totally wimpy.
3) But given the choice, I liked Gale more than Peeta.
4) My favorite victors were Finnick and Johanna. I was right when I first thought that Finnick must be sold off to people from the Capitol. Johanna was really bad-ass. I like and hate her for the attitude problem. LOL Somehow, I imagined Finnick to be youthful and not brute and towering. So I was surprised when I opened Tumblr and saw this exact image of Finnick on my mind while reading:
5) I imagined Jackson as Susan Powter in her RuPaul’s Drag Race judging stint LOL
6) I imagined Ashley Judd in ‘Missing' as Coin LOL Again
7) The ending was kinda blah. I re-read the last paragraph before the epilogue twice and was half-expecting I missed something. THAT was it.
8) Of all the three books, I liked the first one the most.
Nevertheless, it was a good read. I can’t remember the last book I’ve read on my Kindle that is NOT school work.